2012년 9월 5일 수요일

The man of Nash



Nash- outgoing, lives in Island, no lover, beautiful, age 27
           Trees are going down every day. More and more sunlight is coming down to the ground. The ground is getting harsher and harsher. People from the west come to this Tropical Island to cut down the trees which they use for energy source.
           To stop the trees from getting cut down, I am writing a novel about the nature and its importance. Since I like talking with people, I am going to talk with a lot of native people living besides me before I start my writing. I have written all the parts of the novel except the conclusion. I do not get the idea of how to close this novel. Since I am the only writer in this Island, I do not have anyone to get real advice. I need to make up my mind and give this writing to the publishing company today.
           I hope that someone could just finish the conclusion for me. When I am daydreaming about my essay getting done by someone else, a phone call comes and I hear a stranger’s voice. He asks me if he can come to my house and take a look at the novel I am writing. At the moment, I am saying yes to a stranger who I do not know. After 10 minutes or so, he knocks on the door and I am hesitating whether to open the door or not. I open the door and look at the tall man with handsome face.
          He comes in telling me “so nice to meet you, you look gorgeous.” I cannot explain the feeling I have. I never had this kind of feeling before. I introduce myself to him and he introduces himself to me. I cannot focus on the talk going on between us and I just feel dizzy and strange. He tells me that he would like to publish my book.
          I feel dumbfounded and I ask him to have a dinner with me. I do not know in what mind I am asking him this question but I do not regret. I have to get ready for the dinner and I try on many kinds of dresses. As I walk into the restaurant, he looks and me and signs me to come. Before this guy, I never had any man who would eat dinner with me. I think I am in love with this man. I wish this man become my husband. I never had any lovers until now. I only hope… this man is my man. I do not care about the novel getting published. I only want this man to be my man now.

댓글 1개:

  1. Hi Jason! kk
    I thought ur first-person-present tense was really interesting. However, I was a bit confused because you switched to present-progressive in the middle of your story. One way you could make it even more interesting is to make this into an excerpt of a diary!
    You can start with Jan, 25, 2010 and keep writing in present tense! Anyways great work!

    답글삭제