2012년 11월 25일 일요일

Contradiction!?



Since I tried to live an honest life, I believe lying is a wrong doing.
However, is it really wrong to lie? Well, I cannot just say lying is the worst policy all the time. For example, if there was a boy who was 17 years old who was about to die in 3 days, nobody would surely define telling the truth is the right action. When I was 6 years old, my grandfather was suffering from cancer. I heard my father talking on the phone with his sister whether to tell the truth to grandfather. My father’s choice was to just let it be. He said, “Every person has his or her time and one has to know to let it go.”White lies are lies for good purposes. Nobody can define such actions as wrong or right. If one’s small lie could make other person’s life happier, is the conscience worth throwing away? As I have mentioned, no such answer to this question can be made easily.
Therefore, I would say honesty is a great policy. But, there are always exceptions to be made such as white lies.

댓글 1개:

  1. Not bad. Good intro and nice illustration of the issue. But paragraphing is not clear or proper - there should be a clear division of your true view and the rational argument against. Grammar could also use some tightening.

    답글삭제